Become a volunteer for Maker Faire San Diego! We need volunteers to assist with Set-up, Tear-down, Maker Exhibitors, Maker Faire Attendees and staff members while the event is up and running. These volunteers must be 18 yrs+, have a positive, hardworking attitude along with excellent skills in customer service. Sign-up for an ALL DAY or 5-6-hour shift and become a part of an amazing team and an incredible event!
What sort of jobs do Volunteers do at Maker Faire?
- CORE TEAM – Available to work directly with Event Production Crew all weekend.
- Pre-Event Set-Up — Help staff stuff maker packets, distribute supplies to locations prior to the event, etc.
- Set-Up Staff — Maker check-in and load-in day-of
- Information Booth — Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations.
- Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Exhibitor Attendants— Event help as needed with maker breaks, water, tech issues, and helping showcase a project.
- Guest Services — Volunteers will work in Ticket Booths, direct traffic in parking lots, and fill any additional roles that may arise as the event unfolds.
- Hands-on Activity — Help run a signature Maker Faire hands-on activity like soldering or stomp rockets (limited opportunities).
- General Runners — Task-related assignments directed by the Event Production Crew.
- General – I’m flexible and willing to do ANYTHING you need!
- Street Team — Pre-event promotions.