information from 2016, however many of the volunteer opportunities will be the sames!
Become a volunteer for Maker Faire San Diego! We need volunteers to assist with Set-up, Tear-down, Maker Exhibitors, Maker Faire Attendees and staff members while the event is up and running. These volunteers must be 16 yrs or older, have a positive, hardworking attitude along with excellent skills in customer service. Sign-up for a 4-hour shift and become a part of an amazing team and an incredible event!
What sort of jobs do Volunteers do at Maker Faire?
- Set-Up Staff — Maker check-in and load-in
- Information Booth — Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations.
- Maker Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Maker Assistants — Help as needed with breaks and whatever they may need in the way of assistance to help showcase their project.
- Guest Services — Volunteers will work in Ticket Booths, direct traffic in parking lots, and fill any additional roles that may arise as the event unfolds.
- Hands-on Activity — Help run a signature Maker Faire hands-on activity.
- General Runners — Task related assignments directed by the Event Production Crew.
- Beer Garden — Help with beer garden including set-up and pouring beer (must be 21 & up).
- General – I’m flexible and willing to do ANYTHING you need!