Become a volunteer for Maker Faire San Diego! We need volunteers to assist with Set-up, Tear-down, Maker Exhibitors, Maker Faire Attendees and staff members while the event is up and running. These volunteers must be 16 yrs+, have a positive, hardworking attitude along with excellent skills in customer service. Sign-up for a 4-hour shift and become a part of an amazing team and an incredible event!
What sort of jobs do Volunteers do at Maker Faire?
- Pre-Event Set-Up — Help staff stuff maker packets, distribute supplies to locations prior to event, etc.
- Set-Up Staff — Maker check-in and load-in day-of
- Information Booth — Answer questions from the public regarding the attractions and their locations.
- Check-In Attendants — Assist Makers with check in, welcome packages and directing them to their location.
- Exhibitor Attendants— Event help as needed with maker breaks, water, tech issues, and helping showcase a project.
- Guest Services — Volunteers will work in Ticket Booths, direct traffic in parking lots, and fill any additional roles that may arise as the event unfolds.
- Hands-on Activity — Help run a signature Maker Faire hands-on activity (limited opportunities).
- General Runners — Task related assignments directed by the Event Production Crew.
- General – I’m flexible and willing to do ANYTHING you need!
What are the available shifts for volunteers at Maker Faire?
Friday, October 6, 2017 | Set Up
8am – 12pm | 11:30am – 3:30pm | 3pm – 7pm
Saturday, October 7, 2017 | Showtime
7am – 11:30am | 11am – 3pm | 2:30 – 6:30pm
Sunday, October 8, 2017 | Showtime
7am – 11:30am | 11am – 3pm | 2:30pm – 6:30pm
Sign-up to Volunteer!
Please note, that this is a fun and fast-paced event! Event day volunteers need to be be 16+ years of age, have a positive, friendly attitude, be focused, and be able to work both independently and in efficient teams to execute assignments. You will likely be on your feet a lot, surrounded by fascinating and curious people, machines, and projects!
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF
- Do you have a unique skill? Please tell us about it! We never know what exciting new opportunities may come up for a Maker Faire San Diego!
Whether it’s volunteering to set-up or to help makers check-in or assisting with hands-on activities, Maker Faires don’t happen without the goodwill of the community. We honestly can’t stress how important your efforts are or how much we appreciate those who help!
It’s rewarding to help deliver the “Greatest Show and Tell on Earth” especially in our crown jewel, San Diego’s Balboa Park. Volunteers receive a t-shirt and two free tickets for guests to Maker Faire San Diego along with access to all participating venues. Tickets will be given at check-in. We are grateful for all you do!